Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

No-Poo Part III

 

Week 3 of No-Pooing has been pretty uneventful, in a good way :), I actually stopped noting day-to-day differences because there weren't any. I think my hair has assimilated to this new way of cleaning.

I have been following the same strategy I was using at the end of last week, with very minor tweaks.  I am still using the standard 1 Tbsp baking soda and 1 cup of water mixture for the "shampoo", and the 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar, and 1 cup of water mixture for "conditioner".  I added a few drops (like 2 or 3) of lavender oil to both mixtures.  I added it to the "shampoo" to combat any potential itch, I mentioned I was having previously and for it's antibacterial properties.  I added it to the "conditioner" simply to add a nice scent.  Like I said before, my hair didn't smell like vinegar, it smelled like... nothing, and I was missing that nice scent after cleaning it, so I added some drops, I'm good now :).

I'm still using the Burt's Bees stuff on my wet ends, I really want to try the coconut oil still, but I can never seem to remember (I shower at night before bed, so I'm usually a bit tired).  

Other than that, I can't see anything changing with how I care for my hair.  I'm THRILLED with the results, so I'm calling it.. I'm SOLD.  Officially a no-poo-er over here :).  I most likely won't post a week 4 update because if it's anything like week 3, there's nothing to update you on.  I will update if I ever remember to use the coconut oil, AND pretty soon I'm going to need a hair cut, so I'll update on what my hair stylist thinks of all of this ;).  

No-Poo is a SUCCESS!  Super cheap, better for my hair, and EASY, what's not to like?  Are you ready to "call-it" yet?  What are you doing differently?



Previous No-Poo Diaries:
No-Poo Part I
No-Poo Part II

1 comment: